Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Want It Now: Vintage Afghans



{ Vintage 70s Afghan Blanket } and { Vintage Multi-Colored Crocheted Afghan }

Whenever I come across pretty vintage afghans at antique markets, I want to scoop them up and take them home. They're a little broken in, so the yarn is super cozy; the colors are always crazy good; and (as I imagine it) they've been lovingly made by someone's little old grandmother. They're also typically inexpensive - especially when compared to new knitted or crocheted blankets - and a great way to add bits of brightness and warmth to rooms in the fall and winter.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are great. unfortunately they take up too much space to get a little collection. I had to stop after three quilts and three afghans....

Pretty Little World said...

I really wish that I had a space for a proper linen cabinet / closet, so it would be easier to display them.

Secondhand Stella said...

I am always afraid of vintage linens. I am scared they have bugs. Am I just being paranoid?

Pretty Little World said...

Most vintage linens are okay, but I always clean stuff to be sure.

And anything like knitted / crocheted pieces can be taken to the dry cleaner - I just watch for specials on household things or wait for coupons.

Lisa - Archives Vintage said...

i cannot, cannot avoid the linens in a thrift store for the same reason! i would hoard vintage blankets if i had the space. okay, maybe i already do. its so hard not to take a beautiful, vibrant afghan home!

samantha ramage said...

these ones are especially fabulous! now i want one!

xo
sami