Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Yellow . Owl . Workshop



I love stamps. Love. I think it has something to do with being at the library when I was little. I loved the way that the librarian opened the book (the creaking of the spine and sliding of the pages), removed the date card, and then the light thumping sound that the stamp made when she inked the return date on both the card and book...



Of course now everything is scanned electronically, and all of that wonderful sound has been replaced by the same little high pitched "beep" that you hear pretty much everywhere.



Still, give me a set of pretty little stamps, ink pad, and paper, I'd be happy as a clam!



These gorgeous sets from Yellow Owl Workshop would be just perfect. I think they'd be a great way of creating different note cards for each season, or just adding a special touch to the inside of a favorite book.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Love these! I also am in love with stamping :) There is just something so relaxing and rewarding about it.

Courtney said...

i love stamps too, and these are especially gorgeous. thanks for sharing.

ItsAllAboutTheCats said...

I'm pretty sure I have to have some of these - just to play with!

Carolynn Cecilia said...

I've seen these at Anthropologie for awhile now. Aren't they just the most amazing? The Cityscape is by far my fave.