Monday, May 16, 2011

Hillary . Kerr . of . Who . What . Wear


"The green dress made me swoon the second I laid eyes on it. It's probably my favorite dress in the world. I'm obsessed with all things green and the fact the print was hand-painted? Amazing. Even better: it fit perfectly—that doesn't happen for me with vintage pieces very often. Not to get too romantic on you, but it's like we were made for each other! The gold dress is just a great cocktail frock. I add a little belt, some super high heels, and a gimlet and I'm good to go! Both dresses are very emblematic of my personal style which is pretty feminine and definitely focused on the late '50s/early '60s. Needless to say, I'm kind of a huge Mad Men fan, to put it mildly, and I like to ask myself, 'What would Joan Holloway wear?' whenever I'm getting dressed." Dresses, Vintage; Jewelry, Lia Sophia


Bag, Chloe


"Every time I look at this dress, I just wish it could speak and tell me about all the glamorous parties it has attended. I found it at Shareen Vintage in New York a couple of years ago and bought it immediately. It's so comfortable and the rhinestone-encrusted skirt is just sassy. It's shown with a fabulous necklace Katherine got me when visiting Kanas with one of her besties. The Chanel belt is probably one of the pieces I wear the most—I love a waist belt!"
Dress, Vintage; Necklace, Vintage; Belt, Vintage Chanel


"Elephants and hippos are just the cutest, aren't they? I love them as décor (I found the jade elephant at a bazaar in Hawaii) or as a quirky piece of jewelry (like the yellow enamel J.Crew pendant)."
Necklace, J. Crew

The Coveteur has a wonderful series that takes a peek at the favorite pieces of a slew of people in the fashion industry - everyone from stylists to bloggers to celebrities. Not only do you feel like you get to share in a pretty little secret, but the goodies are all beautifully photographed.

I was drawn to the piece on Who, What, Wear co-founder, Hillary Kerr. She has classic accessories - Chanel belts, and Chloe bags - but more importantly, a good vintage eye! I think I'm as in love with her green vintage dress as she is!

Quotes and Photos: The Coveteur

3 comments:

KristiMcMurry said...

That chanel belt is amazing! She does have great taste.

Secondhand Stella said...

The Coveteur is one of my fav sites!

Heidi said...

So inspirational. Thank you!

You are one of my Stylish Blogger nominees!