Wednesday, September 16, 2009

1920s . I {Heart} You

B. and I have been engaged for almost two years now and still haven't made a single wedding plan. We're both pretty laid back and agreed that we'd plan the wedding whenever it seemed to feel right with whatever else was going on in our lives. What this means though is seemingly endless amounts of time to hem and haw over what kind of a wedding dress I'd like. (I sort of feel like I should start with the dress and we can go from there.)

The dress that I pretty much love right now comes from Shrimpton Couture, a website that's filled with the most amazing vintage pieces.



It's $975.00, and while that's not too bad for a wedding dress, it's not cheap enough to snap up and think about for awhile. But I do love the ultra delicate detailing, and this would be perfect for any kind of wedding: outdoors in the summer, a pretty church wedding in the spring, or even running down to city hall.

It also reminds me of the kind of perfect/kind of wonderful 1920s wedding that Ed & Ginny had, as posted on Once Wed.




Le sigh...

6 comments:

Secondhand Stella said...

Have you checked out www.thefrock.com?

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

That vintage dress is gorgeous, and would look just beautiful on you! I love that last pic. So romantic.

brooke said...

oh my gosh i love it all!! the dress you are coveting and the wedding photos!!! i would SO LOVE to have a wedding like that! GORGEOUS!

Bree said...

It's so pretty!

Anonymous said...

I've been engaged for 6+ years now and we haven't even talked any more about it... Now I don't know whether to bring it up or just leave it alone. Maybe we're happier knowing that we want to spend our current lives together - yet don't have to do THAT to accomplish it? (we have both been married before.)

alissa said...

wow that last photo - im drooling! can you imagine your whole wedding party in amazing vintage pieces?