Saturday, May 30, 2009

IKEA . Strikes . Again

Sorry for not posting yesterday, but I was at IKEA for literally the whole day! Now that we have an actual house, we also have an actual reason to buy actual furniture! Most of our things are currently a mix of vintage (my parents are antique dealers!) and newer pieces, and yesterday we went to round out the "newer" part of our collection.

For only $1300.00 we ended up with: a new bed, an entertainment center/cabinet, a dining table and four chairs, an office desk, a cute filing cabinet, a tall mirror, and some various other household goodies!

I'll make sure to post pics once we have everything (ugh) put together.

And in other, unrelated news, can I please have Scarlett Johansson's hair?


13 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, yougot a lot of stuff for $1300! Ikea is awesome! The putting it together yourself part...not as awesome :)

Secondhand Stella said...

I am so jealous that your parents are antique dealers!

Revolution Malibu said...

I know right? That hair so amazing!

drollgirl said...

good lord! ikea ikea IKEA! it is impossible to beat their prices and they have some great stuff. i went last weekend. MADHOUSE. but i ended up with a new set of curtains for the living room. they make me so happy. and they totally change the room. yay for these things that girls love. ;)

hope all is going well you lucky homeowner! :)

drollgirl said...

oh!!! and her hair is absolutely fantastic in that pic!!!

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Wow, that's quite a haul from Ikea! I'm envious. Scarlet's hair is just hot - it's that disheveled just out of bed but perfect look! I think the cut may become another "Rachel".

Bethany @ Budget Bride said...

t makes me both jealous of you, and Scarlett Johannson. But what else is new?

alissa said...

im jealous of you and IKEA! we need one here...although it might be dangerous!

Awesome Sara said...

IKEA is great. i'm debating on a couch, but i cant decide if i want it bc i'm iffy on ikea furniture. can i have scarlett's boobs?

Anonymous said...

scarlett has the perfect rumpled blonde hair...love it.

and of course, IKEA= LOVE

http://prettyexquisite.blogspot.com

Katy said...

Haha...can I please have Scarlett Johansson's EVERYTHING? That gal's just gorgeous!

Unknown said...

yay! Can't wait to see what you got! I love Ikea. they have so many fabulous things there. and ohmygod - her hair is so fab. I'd love to have that do but in my brunette...I would look like halloween as a blonde...I've been wanting to cut my hair just for a change but I'd look llike a chia pet if I did.

Anne @ The City Sage said...

Ooh, I'll take her hair AND her sex appeal, thank you very much! And yeah, can I borrow your parents for just a few days? ;)