Thursday, February 19, 2009

The . Last . House . on . the . Left

I first saw the trailer for the remake of The Last House on the Left a few days ago, and I've been obsessed ever since. I like horror films, though I have a feeling this one will be particularly.needlessly.horribly violent. (I'll go see it anyway.)

What's really caught my attention though is the way that the trailer is put together. Normally I see the trailer for a movie a few times in commercials, and I'm totally sick of it -- I usually end up losing interest in the film itself because the trailer is trite and probably shows the best parts.

This trailer haunts me. The collection of images from the film is fabulous, and the music they chose (a remake of GNR's Sweet Child O'Mine by Taken by Trees) stops me in my tracks. I've got to give credit to whoever put this trailer together, because it makes me desperately want to see a movie that I know I probably won't like.

1 comment:

drollgirl said...

oh i am sure i will be seeing this!