Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Cheesy . Goodness

I go through little phases where I want to eat one thing for awhile, and then I get bored and move on to something else. I've recently had the "grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup phase," the "portabella burger with lots of avocado and red onions phase," and once I had the "Cornpops for breakfast, lunch, and dinner phase."

As of late I'm on "penne baked with brie, mozarella, and butternut squash soup phase." (If you've never had pasta with butternut squash soup baked into it, you must!)

So as I was pouring through some other cheesy recipes, I thought I'd share one, late night:



Roll fresh goat cheese (any shape—log, crottin or pyramid) in one of the following mixtures to create a simple, yet impressive appetizer. Serve with crackers or crostini.
Sesame Thyme

½ cup sesame seeds
1 tsp very coarse ground black pepper
1 TB fresh thyme, minced (plus a few sprigs for garnish)
Fresh Herb

1 TB minced fresh thyme
1 TB minced fresh marjoram
1 TB dried grated lemon peel
2 fresh sage leaves, finely minced
2 fresh basil leaves, finely minced
(from Whole Foods)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooooooo! Thanks for this!

Anonymous said...

I've actually made the goat cheese balls before and they are soooo yummy. It's hard not to pop all of them in your mouth right away!