Monday, September 29, 2008

My . Much . Happier . Weekend

Since last week wasn't a stellar one, I tried not sit around acting all mopey over the weekend. Luckily there were enough really amazing things going on that I could keep myself busy!

The first:

Hillary Clinton was speaking in the tiny town of Grand Ledge, not 15 miles away from where I live!!



I had to stand in line for three hours to get a spot up front, and then stand in my spot for another hour before she arrived, but it was definitely worth it. She's a very personable and effortless speaker, and much more charismatic in person than I would have expected.

There were tons of people who showed up, including this little tot who spent the entire speech (on his dad's shoulders) showing his support ;)


The second:

Jewelry shopping at Express, which is now my go-to store for amazing jewelry that won't even come close to breaking the bank:




And of course, the weekend wouldn't have been complete without sushi from Sansu (my absolute favorite Japanese restaurant) and the first season of Gossip Girl on dvd, which I was surprised to discover is not a terrible show:



How was your weekend??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! that's great that you got to see Hillary...what a great opportunity!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm ---- sushi and Gossip Girl ---- good combination :)

Natalie said...

my weekend was also gossip girl focused: catching up on season 2 episodes i've missed.