Friday, June 20, 2008

pretty . little . home . design

Unless you're shopping at Pottery Barn or IKEA (where my pretty little slip-cover sofa is from), furniture is expensive - sometimes really expensive. So if you're paying an arm, leg, and first born for a new living room, it should be fabulous. Yet I often find myself looking at $5,000 pieces of furniture, and thinking, "Hmmm, really?"

And then I came across the site of Suzan Fellman, who designs luxury home furnishings. I'm not wowed by everything she has to offer (esp. the "handmade" items that I could find thrifting), but some pieces are astonishing in their capacity to be both rich and simple at the same time.

My personal favorite? A chair upholstered with vintage Chanel scarves:


Previews of all items available at: Suzan Fellman

No comments: